Members can create community events from the left hand menu bar.
Companies can create sponsored events from their company listing. This can only be done by the owner of a company listing or an insurance Discourse administrator.
Event Details/Listing Options
Every event must have the following information:
- Name/Title for the event
- Event Types
- Event Description
Note: The description can be custom formatted by using the following simple to use formatting marks.
- A Preferred date and time: A final date/time will be confirmed by Insurance Discourse event staff once the room is secured.
- A preferred Location: This is a general area like Greater Boston.
- Location Details: This is a specific address for the event. It will be confirmed once the room is secured. An event curator can work with Insurance Discourse Concierge to find a room most suitable for the event.
- Event Topic Tags: These help members find the event when searching the database. Tags are selected from a drop down list. Contact info@insurancediscourse if appropriate tags are not available.
- Private Event Indicator: Making an event private will prohibit anybody except invited members from seeing the events. Note: Public events with Ask to Join registration provide wide visibility with control in who can attend the event,
- Registration Type:
- Open: Any member can register
- Ask to Join: Only invited members can register for the event. If event is not private, members not invited to register can see the event but not register. They will have the option to ask the curator to join the event. The curator and approve or reject the request.
- Anonymous Curation: Checking the box replaces the persons name/image with a generic Insurance Discourse logo. This can be helpful for an event being curated jointly by multiple people in a department or a third party event planner.
- Secondary Role for Curator: This is helpful if the curator is also participating as a speaker or wants to be listed as an attendee.
Community events immediately display in the event directory after being saved. Sponsored events must be approved and paid for before showing in the event directory.