Most industry events are hosted private events or centrally planned industry conferences. Insurance Discourse events are fundamentally different in that they are community directed. Why does this matter?
- Community events live or die based on how the community responds.
- Even private sponsored events are typically listed in the community directory in order for the sponsoring company to gain visibility for their event.
Because events are community visible and the community is able to self-direct agendas, location and time of events there are unique opportunities for community interactions which are just not possible in conferences and private hosted events. Specifically the potential for pop-up conferences which we refer to as an "Pop-up or Unconference".
Characteristics of a Pop-up/Unconferences
- Events are self-directed and operate independently of other events similar to a private hosted event.
- Event curators from the community choose to co-locate at a common time and place in order to create economies of scale and synergies that present additional value to event consumers similar to a conference.
- Insurance discourse community directories and member curated spotlight directories provide continually updated agendas for the broader community to stay informed and as a catalyst for further program development. Updated agenda's provide unique opportunities for members to participate in community but in a completely self-directed way. No need to apply to conference planners, get approval,etc.