In some ways, Insurance Discourse events are similar to typical events that you might attend at any industry conference. They are similar in the sense that they...
- Are live physical events where people meet face-to-face to engage in different ways.
- Follow professional formats including rountables, panels discussions and keynote presentations.
- Focus on a specific topic.
- Are facilitated by an event team which could include moderators, panelists, and speakers.
Insurance Discourse, in many ways are very different from a typical conference event. Insurance Discourse events differ in that they...
- Are planned and produced by community members. We call this curating.
- Any member can be a curator.
- The curator has ability to pick the place, time, topic and team for his or here event.
- The curator also can make registration open or by invitation only. He or she can also make it exclusive but give community members the opportunity to request an invitation.
- Are either attendee funded through ticket sales or company funded through sponsorship but never both. Sponsored are clearly labeled as such.
- Each event gets a yelp-like rating from attendees which lives on well after the event has passed.